Thanks for your reply!

What I have seen is that the job terminates when there's intermittent loss
of connectivity with zookeeper. This is in-fact the most common reason why
our jobs are terminating at this point. Worse, it's unable to restore from
checkpoint during some (not all) of these terminations. Under these
scenarios, won't the job try to recover from a savepoint?

I've gone through various tickets reporting stability issues due to
zookeeper that you've mentioned you intend to resolve soon. But until the
zookeeper based HA is stable, should we assume that it will repeatedly
restore from savepoints? I would rather rely on kafka offsets to resume
where it left off rather than savepoints.