Hi,

1. I think those changes will mostly bring new features/functionalities to
the existing Streaming APIs in order to fully support batch executions. For
example one way or another to better handle "bounded data streams" in the
DataStream API.
2. I think there is and there is not going to be one single umbrella
ticket, as this whole idea is going to take quite a bit of time to fully
design. There are a couple of the initial design proposals connected with
the batch and streaming unification:
FLIP-134 [1]
FLIP-147 [2]
But I'm pretty sure more will follow in the future.

Best,
Piotrek

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-134%3A+Batch+execution+for+the+DataStream+API