Hello,

I'm trying to run Flink on Kubernetes, and I recently switched from
lyft/flinkk8soperator to the Flink Native Kubernetes deployment mode.

I have a long running job, that I want to deploy (using application mode), and
after a few hours, I noticed the deployment was disappearing.
After a quick look at the logs, it seems that the job manager was no longer to
talk with the task manager after a while, because those were evicted by
Kubernetes due to using more ephemeral storage than allowed.

We have limit ranges set per namespace with low default value, and each
application deployed on Kubernetes needs to set values appropriate depending on
its usage.
I couldn't find a way to configure those via Flink configuration.

Is there a way to set ephemeral storage requests and limits?
Are external resources supposed to help here?
If there is currently no way to do it, should it be added to the scope of
FLINK-20324<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-20324> ?

Thanks,
Emilien