Hi,

I have a project that is a set of 6 jobs out of which 4 are written in Java
and 2 are written in pyFlink. I want to dockerize these so that all 6 can
be run in a single Flink session cluster.

I have been able to successfully set up the JobManager and TaskManager
containers as per [1] after creating a custom Docker image that has Python.
For the last step, the guide asks us to submit the job using a local
distribution of Flink:

$ ./bin/flink run ./examples/streaming/TopSpeedWindowing.jar

I am probably missing something here because I have the following questions:
Why do I need to use a local distribution to submit a job?
Why can't I use the Flink distribution that already exists within the
images?
How do I submit a job using the Docker image's distribution?

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/deployment/resource-providers/standalone/docker.html#starting-a-session-cluster-on-docker