A combination of `BoundedMultiInput` and `InputSelectable` could help. You
could see `org.apache.flink.table.runtime.operators.join.HashJoinOperator`
for an usage example. The control topic have not to be bounded.

There are maybe other approaches from later responses. I could not tell
whether it is canonical or not.

Best,
Kezhu Wang

On February 17, 2021 at 13:03:42, Salva Alcántara (salcantara...@gmail.com)
wrote:

What is the canonical way to accomplish this:

>Given a ConnectedStreams, e.g., a CoFlatMap UDF, how to prevent any
processing of the data stream until >the control stream is "ready", so to
speak

My particular use case is as follows: I have a CoFlatMap function. The data
stream contains elements that need to be enriched with additional
information (they come with some fields empty). The missing information is
taken from the control stream, whose elements come through a kafka source.
Essentially, what I want is to pause any processing until having read the
full (control) topic, otherwise (at least initially) the output elements
will not be enriched as expected.

--
Sent from: