I believe bootstrap.servers is mandatory Kafka property, but it looks like you
didn’t set it

________________________________
From: Claude M <claudemur...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 12:02:10 PM
To: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Producer Configuration

Hello,

I created a simple Producer and when the job ran, it was getting the following
error:
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException

I read about increasing the request.timeout.ms<http://request.timeout.ms>.
Thus, I added the following properties.

properties.setProperty("request.timeout.ms<http://request.timeout.ms>",
"30000");
properties.setProperty("retries", "20");
DataStream<String> stream = env.addSource(new SimpleStringGenerator());
stream.addSink(new FlinkKafkaProducer<>("flink-test", new SimpleStringSchema(),
properties));

However, after the job is submitted, the User Configuration is empty, please
see attached.
Therefore, it seems these properties are taking into effect since I still have
the same problem.
Any help on these issues are appreciated, thanks.