Hi Jan,

As of now Flink does not give any guarantees for Table/SQL API savepoint
compatibility if you change the query or Flink version. Flink Table/SQL
API uses an optimizer that can apply different optimizations or
operations reordering based on the queried fields or computations that
can result in a completely different physical plan.

Generally speaking you should be fine when adding/removing fields in a
projection. I'd say it is the only somewhat safe change, but it is not
guaranteed in all cases nevertheless.

Best,

Dawid