Hi Rex,

The approach you described is definitely possible in the DataStream API.
You could replace the uid of your Kafka source and start your job with
your checkpoint with the allowNonRestoredState option enabled[1]. I am
afraid though it is not possible to change the uid in Table API/SQL

Another approach that you could try is to edit the checkpoint via the
State Processor API[2] and increase the checkpointed offsets.

Best,

Dawid

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/deployment/cli.html#starting-a-job-from-a-savepoint