Hi Vishal,
I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do. But the partitioning by a key
just relies on the key on the used parallelism. So, I guess, what you
propose should work.
You would have to rely on some join function, though, when merging two
input operators into one again.

I hope that was helpful.
Best,
Matthias