Anyone who has faced similar issues with cdc with Postgres.

I see the restart_lsn and confirmed_flush_lsn constant since the snapshot
replication records were streamed even though I have tried inserting
a record in the whitelisted table.

select * from pg_replication_slots;
  slot_name  |  plugin  | slot_type | datoid | database | temporary |
active | active_pid | xmin | catalog_xmin | restart_lsn |
confirmed_flush_lsn
-------------+----------+-----------+--------+----------+-----------+--------+------------+------+--------------+-------------+---------------------
 stream_cdc3 | pgoutput | logical   |  16411 | test_cdc | f         | t
 |       1146 |      |         6872 | 62/34000828 | 62/34000860

I have passed the  heartbeat.interval.ms = 1000 and could see the heartbeat
events streamed to flink however the transaction log disk usage and oldest
replication slot lag consistently increasing. From [1] I have also tried
this -

For other decoder plug-ins, it is recommended to create a supplementary
table that is not monitored by Debezium.

A separate process would then periodically update the table (either
inserting a new event or updating the same row all over). PostgreSQL then
will invoke Debezium which will confirm the latest LSN and allow the
database to reclaim the WAL space.

[image: Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 2.07.18 PM.png]

[image: Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 2.07.52 PM.png]

[1] -
https://debezium.io/documentation/reference/1.0/connectors/postgresql.html#wal-disk-space

Thanks.