Hi everyone,

I have a ProcessFunction which needs to store different number types for
different keys, e.g., some keys need to store an integer while others need
to store a double.

I tried to use java.lang.Number as the type for the ValueState, but I got
the expected "No fields were detected for class java.lang.Number so it
cannot be used as a POJO type and must be processed as GenericType."

I have the feeling that this is not the right approach, but the exact type
to be stored is only known at runtime which makes things a bit trickier. Is
there a way to register these classes correctly, or Is it preferable to use
different ValueState's for different types?

Thanks,
Miguel