Hi

I see MemoryStateBackend being used in TM Log

org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask - No state backend has
been configured, using default (Memory / JobManager) MemoryStateBackend
(data in heap memory / checkpoints to JobManager) (checkpoints: 'null',
savepoints: 'null', asynchronous: TRUE, maxStateSize: 5242880)

I am logging checkpointed value which is just message count

Snapshot the state 500
Snapshot the state 1000

When I restart the job i.e. new TM but the job manager is same I see

Snapshot the state 500

In the JM logs I see following entries

Triggering checkpoint 1
Triggering checkpoint 2

After restarting job hence new TM

Triggering checkpoint 1

As per my understanding JM should hold the checkpointed
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.9/ops/state/state_backends.html#the-memorystatebackend>
state across TM ? Am I correct?

I have not configured anything special and using default. Do I need to add
any setting to make it work ?
I want to maintain message count across the TMs.