Hi Shengkai,
Thanks for the answer. The question is do we need to determine if an
event in the main stream is late.
Let's look at interval join - event is emitted as soon as there is a
match between left and right stream.
I agree the watermark should pass on versioned table side, because
this is the only way to know which version of record should be used.
But if we mimics behaviour of interval join then main stream watermark
could be skipped.

Regards,
Maciek