How do we get uncaught exceptions in operators to skip the problematic
messages, rather than crash the entire job? Is there an easier or less
mistake-prone way to do this than wrapping every operator method in
try/catch?

And what to do about Map? Since it has to return something, we're either
returning null and then catching it with a *.filter(Objects.nonNull)* in
the next operator, or converting it to FlatMap. FlatMap conversion is
annoying, because then we need to mock the Collector for testing.

Obviously it would be best to sanitize inputs so that exceptions don't
occur, but we've recently encountered some setbacks in the game of
whack-a-mole with pathological messages, and are hoping to mitigate the
losses when these do occur.

Jacob