Hello Community, Yang,

I am trying to extend the flink native Kubernetes operator by adding some new
features based on the repo [1]. I wrote a method to release the image update
functionality. [2] I added the
triggerImageUpdate(oldFlinkApp, flinkApp, effectiveConfig);

under the existing method.

triggerSavepoint(oldFlinkApp, flinkApp, effectiveConfig);

I wrote a function to accommodate the image change behavior.[2]

Solution1:
I want to use stopWithSavepoint() method to complete the task. However, I found
it will get stuck and never get completed. Even if I use get() for the
completeableFuture. It will always timeout and throw exceptions. See solution 1
logs [3]

Solution2:
I tried to trigger a savepoint, then delete the deployment in the code and then
create a new application with new image. This seems to work fine. Log link: [4]

My questions:

  1.  Why solution 1 will get stuck? triggerSavepoint() CompleteableFuture
could work here… Why stopWithSavepoint() will always get stuck or timeout? Very
confused.
  2.  For Fabric8io library, I am still new to it, did I do anything wrong in
the implementation, maybe I should update the jobStatus? Please give me some
suggestions.
  3.  For work around solution 2, is there any bad influence I didn’t notice?

[1] https://github.com/wangyang0918/flink-native-k8s-operator
[2] https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/tQShjmdcJt/
[3] https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/YHSPpK4W4Z/
[4] https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/3VG7TtXXfh/