Hi Alexey,

looking at KafkaTopicPartitionStatus, it looks that it does not contain
this information. In a nutshell, what you probably have to do is to
aggregate the watermarks across all partitions and then pause the
consumption of a partition if its watermark advances too much wrt to the
minimum watermark. However, this will stall the whole reading process if
there is a partition which has no more data. Hence, you will probably also
need a mechanism to advance the watermark if the partition becomes idle.

Note that the community is currently working on a new KafkaConnector based
on Flink's new source API (FLIP-27). If I am not mistaken, then these new
interfaces should eventually also support event time alignment.

Cheers,
Till