Thank you, Roman. I should have said our own flavor of Kafka and not
version. Thanks for the reference of the new source and sink
interfaces, though, as it seems like the interfaces we should be
implementing to use our custom Kafka connector.

I did notice however that the FLIP does not cover table interfaces. The
KafkaDynamicTableFactory for example is still creating a FlinkKafkaConsumer
instance. Is that something that will change in the future or are the table
interfaces somehow exceptions to the advantages of the new interface?

--
Regards,
Deepthi