Hi Padarn,
After switch stateBackend from filesystem to rocksdb, all reads/writes
from/to backend have to go through de-/serialization to retrieve/store the
state objects, this may cause more cpu cost.
But I'm not sure it is the main reason leads to 3x CPU cost in your job.
To find out the reason, we need more profile on CPU cost, such as Flame
Graphs. BTW, starting with Flink 1.13, Flame Graphs are natively supported
in Flink[1].

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/ops/debugging/flame_graphs/

Best,