Hi All,

We have a sample flow like below :

Operator A

Operator B

Operator C

Operator D

Operator E

We have implemented iterations where the result of code done in Operator C is
checked in Operator D and conditionally pushed back into Operator B. Now
according to this stackoverflow answer
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54681200/how-does-flink-treat-checkpoints-and-state-within-iterativestream/54707931#54707931),
 events in the loop could be lost in case of failure.

I would like to understand what it means to lose events. Let's say an event
reaches D and it was pushed to operator B and at this instant, the application
went down. When the restart happens, will the event be lost as in the progress
that it had made till Operator D be last it was seen and the event cannot be
reprocessed again or will it be retriggered from Operator A?

Regards,
Varun.