Hi Kai,

AggregateFunction and TableAggregateFunction are both stateful UDF
interfaces. This should cover most scenarios given where they would be
used. If you need more fine-grained control you can also always drop down
into the DataStream API (using #toDataStream) and work there. Table API /
SQL in general are higher-level abstractions where you cannot directly
interact with operators.

If this doesn't answer your question it would also be great if you could
explain your use case more so we can understand it. Thanks!

Best
Ingo