From: Xingbo Huang <hxbks...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 9:58 AM
To: Wang, Zhongle
Cc: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: Datastream api implementation of a third party pyflink connector

Hi Zhongle Wang,

Your understanding is correct. Firstly, you need to provide an implementation
of a java connector, then add this jar to the dependency[1], and finally add a
python connector wrapper.

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/dev/python/faq/#adding-jar-files

[ci.apache.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/dev/python/faq/*adding-jar-files__;Iw!!LpKI!26AH0LoYsKDqTNM44mZDO2niLxfL9Nkc_P_uHd1FAlvLY8BwLogL1oLKOOn6CI7m7A$>

Best,
Xingbo

Wang, Zhongle <zhongle.w...@dell.com<mailto:zhongle.w...@dell.com>>
于2021年7月19日周一 下午5:43写道:
Hi,

I’m working on a pyflink datastream connector for Pravega and wish to use a
datasource other than Kafka.

Currently the Kafka connector for the python datastream api is implemented
using a ` get_gateway` function which creates a binding to java in `
FlinkKafkaConsumer`.

So if I want to create a `FlinkPrevegaReader` that consumes other datasource
like the Pravega, is it recommended to do in the same way? (we have a java
reader/consumer implementation)
Or the gateway thing might be changed in the future?

PS: In this
post(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65009292/is-there-a-kinesis-connector-for-pyflink

[stackoverflow.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/stackoverflow.com/questions/65009292/is-there-a-kinesis-connector-for-pyflink__;!!LpKI!26AH0LoYsKDqTNM44mZDO2niLxfL9Nkc_P_uHd1FAlvLY8BwLogL1oLKOOl6GKF5EQ$>)
 Xingbo suggested that the Kinesis and other connectors will be added soon, but
I’m not sure whether it uses the same technique mentioned above.

Thanks,
Zhongle Wang

Internal Use - Confidential