Hi suman,

    FlinkKafkaConsumer.setStartFromLatest() means you always consume messages
from the latest whenever you restart the flink job,the consumer ignore any
committed group offsets.
    auto.offset.reset=latest  means the consumer fetch messages from the latest
if you never committed any offsets before, it is a default strategy if the
consumer does not found any offsets from brokers.