Hi,

When reading/writing to and from S3 using the flink-fs-s3-hadoop plugin on
1.11.2, we observe a lot of these WARN log statements in the logs:

WARN  S3V4AuthErrorRetryStrategy - Attempting to re-send the request to
s3.amazonaws.com with AWS V4 authentication. To avoid this warning in the
future, please use region-specific endpoint to access buckets located in
regions that require V4 signing.

The applications complete successfully which is great, but I'm not sure what
the root of the error is and I'm hesitant to silence it through our logging
configurations. I saw something that looks similar here[1]. Is there a way for
us to similarly have Flink's AWS S3 client to use V4 strategy to begin with?

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39513518/aws-emr-writing-to-kms-encrypted-s3-parquet-files

Andreas Hailu
Data Lake Engineering | Goldman Sachs & Co.

Your Personal Data: We may collect and process information about you that may
be subject to data protection laws. For more information about how we use and
disclose your personal data, how we protect your information, our legal basis
to use your information, your rights and who you can contact, please refer to:
www.gs.com/privacy-notices<http://www.gs.com/privacy-notices>