Hi, Jake

In Flink 1.14, we recommend using "-t yarn-per-job"[1] for starting
per-job cluster. Regarding your issue, I could not reproduce it with
the Wordcount example. However, I think this is not the right way for
Flink's SQL client, which might be the root cause of your issue. Would
you like to take a look at [2]?

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/resource-providers/yarn/#per-job-cluster-mode
[2]