Hi Lars,

quickly looking at the ES connector code, I think you're right and there is
no way to do that :(  In general I'd say that being able to expose metrics
is a valid request.

I can imagine having some kind of `RichActionRequestFailureHandler` with
`{get|set}RuntimeContext` methods. More or less the same thing we already
do with for example the `RichFunction`. This unfortunately requires some
work on the Flink side.

cc @Arvid