Hi Siddhesh,

You can not change the method signature when you're implementing an
interface.

I'm not really sure this belongs to the ML anymore as this is getting more
into Scala / Java fundamentals. There are some great learning resources
online for Scala [1], I'd recommend starting from there. Also if you're are
not familiar with Scala I'd highly recommend starting with Java API first
as it's way more intuitive to use with Flink as you don't have to deal with
Scala / Java interoperability.

[1]
https://docs.scala-lang.org/scala3/book/interacting-with-java.html#extending-java-interfaces-in-scala