Hi community,

I have read a blog named <<A Journey to Beating Flink's SQL Performance>> [1],
which says enabling object reuse can greatly improve performance of Blink
Planner.

But as I see in the code (v1.14), there’s few occurrences of controllable
object reusing in Flink SQL-related modules.

What’s more, when enabling object reuse, the planner deep-copies the objects
(e.g. in `CommonExecLookupJoin`), which is just opposite to the shallow-copy
behavior in DataStream API. The generated code is always the same, regardless
of the setting.

Am I missing something? Or the behavior changed during version update?

Many thanks.

[1] https://www.ververica.com/blog/a-journey-to-beating-flinks-sql-performance