Hi,
     When I was looking for CDC I realized Flink uses Kafka Connector to
stream to Flink. The idea is to send it forward to Kafka and consume it
using Kafka Streams.

Are there source DLQs or additional mechanisms to detect failures to read
from the DB ?

We don't want to use Debezium and our CDC is based on queries.

What mechanisms does Flink have that a Kafka Connect worker does not ?
Kafka Connect workers can go down and source data can be lost.

Does the idea  to send it forward to Kafka and consume it using Kafka
Streams make sense ? The checkpointing feature of Flink can help ? I plan
to use Kafka Streams for 'Exactly-once Delivery' and changelog topics.

Could you point out relevant material to read ?

Thanks,
Mohan