Hi Team,

I have a use case where in my Kafka Source, I need to wait for 2 hours
before handling a event. Currently, following is the plan, kindly let me
know if this would work without issues and any gotchas I need to be aware
of.

a) In Kafka consumer deserializer schema, look at the published timestamp
of the event, if it is sitting in the kafka queue for < 2 hours, sleep for
remaining amount
b) Increase checkpoint timeout to say 3 hours, so that checkpoints succeed.
c) This also implies offset commits will happen in about 2 hours for some
events when checkpointing succeeds, are there any internal configs that
would interfere with this.
d) Using the old FlinkKafkaConsumer (1.11) , any issues w.r.t using this
one.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks,
Johny