Thank you Frank and Dawid for providing the context here.

From: Frank Dekervel <fr...@kapernikov.com>
Date: Friday, February 4, 2022 at 9:56 AM
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Queryable State Deprecation
EXTERNAL SENDER
________________________________

Hello,

To give an extra datapoint: after a not so successful experiment with
faust-streaming we moved our application to flink. Since flinks queryable state
was apparently  stagnant, we implemented what was needed to sink the state to
an external data store for querying.

However, if queryable state was in good shape we would definately have used it.
Making sure that the state is always reflected correctly in our external system
turned out to be non-trivial for a number of reasons: our state is not
trivially convertable to rows in a table, and sometimes we had (due to our own
bugs, but still) inconsistencies between the internal flink state and the
externally materialized state, especially after replaying from a
checkpoint/savepoint after a crash (we cannot use exactly_once sinks in all
occasions).

Also, obviously, we could not use flinks partitioning/parallellism to help
making state querying more scalable.

Greetings,
Frank