Hi,

I am writing a StateFun application using remote functions, where I want to
include a custom Kafka deserializer that adds the timestamp of the Kafka
ingress messages to the messages sent between my remote functions. I can't seem
to find a solution to this using remote functions, as the current option using
Custom Types only has examples that look at the value of the incoming Kafka
messages and not the other metadata.

I have been looking at the following example:

 public static final Type<User> TYPE = SimpleType.simpleImmutableTypeFrom(
            TypeName.typeNameFromString("com.example/User"),
            mapper:writeValueAsBytes,
    bytes ->mapper.readValue(bytes,User .class));

But instead of just deserializing by reading the value, I want to use my own
KafkaIngressDeserializer that also adds the timestamp to the Object being
returned. Is there a way of doing so?

Best Regards,

Christopher Gustafson