From: Gyula Fóra <gyf...@apache.org>
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 2:19 AM
To: Hao t Chang <htch...@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: The flink-kubernetes-operator vs third party flink
operators

Hi! The main difference at the moment is the programming language and the APIs
used to interact with Flink. The flink-kubernetes-operator, uses Java and
interacts with Flink using the built in (native) clients. The other operators
have been ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hi!

The main difference at the moment is the programming language and the APIs used
to interact with Flink.

The flink-kubernetes-operator, uses Java and interacts with Flink using the
built in (native) clients.

The other operators have been around since earlier Flink versions. They all use
Golang, and some of them have been already abandoned by the initial developers.
In many cases they also do not support the latest Flink operational features.

With the flink-kubernetes-operator project we aimed to take inspiration from
the existing operators and create a project where Flink developers can easily
contribute and could be maintained together with Flink itself while keeping up
the high quality standards.

We hope that developers of the other operators would start contributing soon :)

Cheers,
Gyula

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 at 11:01, Hao t Chang