Hi, Dan
1. Do you mean put the option into savepoint command? If so, I think it
will not work well. This option describe that how checkpoints will be
cleaned up in different job status. e.g. FAILED/CANCELED. It cannot be
covered in savepoint command.
2. Which flink version you use? I work on 1.14 and There is a confirmation
dialog when I click "cancel job". You could double check it.
3. From 1.15 on, the restore mode is introduced to solve the problem as you
could see in resuming-from-savepoints
<https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/ops/state/savepoints/#resuming-from-savepoints>.
I think the claim mode maybe what you want.