Hello jing,

This was the previous method in old Kafka consumer API, it has been removed
in 1.15, so source code is not in master anymore,
Yes I know for the new Offset initializer, committed offset + earliest as
fallback can be used to have the same behavior as before
I just wanted to know whether this is a changed behavior or I am missing
something

Bastien DINE
Freelance
Data Architect / Software Engineer / Sysadmin
http://bastiendine.io