Morning all!

Recently we've been trying to migrate from some custom in-house code we've
got to manage our k8s cluster with Flink running into the recently released
operator.

However, we found an issue when parsing environment variables into the
arguments which are sent into the jobs - not being able to read those when
building that - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-27491

Trying different workarounds we were thinking if environment variables in
the deployment could work but still, no luck so far.

So, my question is:

Which is the proper way to send environment variables into Flink jobs? Is
it even possible?
If it isn't, are there any plans on FLINK-27491 short-term?

Could it be possible to mount a file as a secret and read it from the job?
I assume we would be in the same situation as before and not even having
the file in the launched job.

Thanks!