Hi folks,
I would like to know the difference between externalized checkpoint and
savepoint. Regarding externalized checkpoint, is the checkpoint written to
persistent storage only if the job is failed or suspended? What about cancelled
or killed by the user? What information is written to persistent storage when
externalzed checkpoint is created? How is it different when compared to
savepoint?
Consider this scenario, I have killed a flink job and would like to restart the
job while restoring previous state. I have both options – restore from latest
checkpoint and savepoint. Which should one choose for job restore and why?

Regards,
Muzzammil Ameen
muam...@cisco.com