Hi Qingsheng,

Do you have any idea what has happened in the process here? Do we know why
they were changed? I was under the impression that these metric names were
newly introduced due to the new interfaces and because it still depends on
each connector implementing these.

Sidenote: metric names are not mentioned in the FLIP process as a public
API. Might make sense to have a separate follow-up to add that to the list
(I do think we should list them there).

+1 for reverting this and make this change in Flink 1.16

I'm not in favour of releasing a Flink 1.15.3 with this change: I think the
impact is too big for a patch version, especially given how long Flink 1.15
is already out there.

Best regards,

Martijn