Hey Vishal,

I guess you're using the DataStream API? In this case, you have more
control over data serialization, so it makes sense to use custom
serialization logic.

IMO, flink-json (as well as flink-avro, flink-csv, etc.) is really helpful
when using Table API / SQL API, because it contains the formats that can be
used when defining new tables.