The Docker image for Flink 1.12.7 uses an older base image which comes with
openssl 1.1.1k. There was a previous post in the OpenSSL mailing list
reporting a low vulnerability being fixed with 3.0.6 and 1.1.1r (both
versions being explicitly mentioned) [1]. Therefore, I understand the post
in a way that only 3.0.x would be affected and, as a consequence, Docker
images below 1.13- would be fine.

I verified Mason's finding that only 1.14+ Docker images are affected. No
entire release is necessary as far as I understand. Theoretically, we would
only have to push newer Docker images to the registry. I'm not sure what
the right approach is when it comes to versioning. I'm curious about
Chesnay's opinion on that one (CC'd).

[1]
https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-announce/2022-October/000233.html