Hi,

I am using RocksDB state backend for incremental checkpointing with Flink
1.11 version.

Question:
----------
For a given Job ID, Intermediate RocksDB checkpoints are stored under the
path defined with ""

The files are stored with "_jobID+ radom UUID" prefixed to the location.

Case : 1
---------
- When I cancel the job, then all the rocksDB checkpoints are deleted
properly from the location corresponding to that JobId.
(based on "instanceBasePath" variable stored in RocksDBKeyedStateBackend
object).
"NO Issue here. Working as expected".

Case : 2
---------
- When my TaskManger is restarted, the existing rocksDb checkpoints are not
deleted.
New "instanceBasePath" is constructed with the new Random UUID appended to
the directory.
And, old checkpoint directories are still there.

questions:
- Is this expected behaviour not to delete the existing checkPoint
dirs under the rocksDB local directory?
- I see the "StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.java", where new StateBackend
objects are created. In this case, new directory is created for this Job ID
appended with new random UUID.
What happens to the old Directories. Are they going to be purged later on?
If not, the disk is going to filled up with the older checkpoints. Please
clarify this.

Thanks,
Vidya Sagar.