Adding to what Biao Geng said, yes it is completely possible and other
installation methods are used by many users already.

You can check the Helm templates in the repo to get an idea what resources
you need to create.
Actually if you run `helm template flink-kubernetes-operator
helm/flink-kubernetes-operator` from the git repo your local helm client
will render the templates and print the resources that it would generate.
That is a great way to get started with manual installation.

There are also OLM bundles available for the current operator releases,
these are not yet officially supported by the Flink community but we are
working towards that:
https://operatorhub.io/operator/flink-kubernetes-operator
maybe this is more relevant in your environment.

To summarize, there are many ways to install the operator, Helm is just one
of the more convenient ones, that's why we use it as the example in the
repo.
Production setups usually need to customize at least parts of the
deployment logic in any case.

Gyula