Hi!

The resource lifecycle state is currently not shown explicitly in the
status.

You are confusing it with reconciliation status. At the moment you can only
get this through the Java client:

https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/blob/main/flink-kubernetes-operator-api/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/kubernetes/operator/api/status/CommonStatus.java

This seems to be a very common request so we should probably expose this
field directly in the status, even though it could technically be derived
from other fields.

Could you please open a jira ticket for this improvement?

Cheers
Gyula