Hi Flink-User!

I recently updated a Flink job from Flink version 1.13 to 1.15 (managed by
AWS). The Flink Job is written in Java.

I found out that the Kinesis Producer was deprecated in favour of Kinesis
Streams Sink [1]. When upgrading to the new sink I stumbled upon a problem
withe a custom Serialisation Schema. I am using a custom implementation of the
Serialisation Schema to deserialize result POJOs to JSON using Jacksons Object
Mapper. This Object Mapper is initialised and set up in the open() method of
the Serialisation Schema. The problem is, that this open method is not call
intially.

I have not found any but report or indications towards this issue. Is this
known or am I just “holding it wrong” (aka missing something)?

I created a minimal reproducible on my GitHub repo:
https://github.com/peterschrott/flink-sink-open

Best & Thanks,
Peter

[1]