Hello everyone,

I have a Standalone Custer running in a docker-swarm with a very simple
docker-compose configuration [3].  When I run my job there with a parallelism
greater than one, I get an out of memory error. Nothing out of the ordinary, so
I wanted to increase the JVM heap. I did that by setting
‘taskmanager.memory.task.heap.size’ according to [1]. However the taskmanager
would not start, throwing an Exception saying that this configuration clashes
with the configured total process memory - even though I had not configured
that at all. Due to this, I could also not set the total Flink memory.
Now I wonder, why did the TM tell me that the total process memory is already
configured? Also, in [2]  I read that the cluster should not even start when
neither total Flink memory nor total process memory are specified - which, as
you can see in my configuration, I have not done [3].

Maybe someone can enlighten me, why it looks like I can’t configure the memory
properly? Thanks :)

-Theo

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/memory/mem_setup_tm/#configure-heap-and-managed-memory