Hi,
Can anyone share any experience on running Flink jobs across data centers?
I am trying to create a Multi site/Geo Replicated Kafka cluster. I want that my
Flink job to be closely colocated with my Kafka multi site cluster. If the
Flink job is bound to a single data center, I believe we will observe a lot of
client latency by trying to access the broker in another DC.
Rather if I can make my Flink Kafka collectors as rack aware and start fetching
data from the closest Kafka broker, I should get better results.
I will be deploying Flink 1.16 on Kubernetes with Strimzi managed Apache Kafka.
Thanks.