Hi,

  If I provide the same jobId, will it restore from the HA first, or just
> start anew?

it will restore from HA first, and will not start a new one.

I tried with flink v1.15.2 with the flowing example, but can't reproduce.
Could you provide the full start command?

1. ./bin/standalone-job.sh start --job-classname
org.apache.flink.streaming.examples.windowing.TopSpeedWindowing
2. ./bin/taskmanager.sh start
3. kill -9 ${JobManager PID}
4. ./bin/standalone-job.sh start --job-classname
org.apache.flink.streaming.examples.windowing.TopSpeedWindowing

There is only one job running in my cluster after the new jobmanager
started.

Best,
Weihua