Hey Hang,

Thanks for the prompt response. Does this mean the Flink counters emitted via
statsd are cumulative then? From the spec
https://github.com/b/statsd_spec#counters

> A counter is a gauge calculated at the server. Metrics sent by the client
> increment or decrement the value of the gauge rather than giving its current
> value.

This means that counters are not monotonic and work like deltas that are
aggregated on the server side.

Cheers, Iris.

--

Iris Grace Endozo, Senior Software Engineer
M +61 435 108 697