Hi Kamal,

The source will slow down when there is backpressure in the flink job, you
can refer to docs [1] and [2] to get more detailed information about
backpressure mechanism.

Currently there's no API or Callback in source for users to do some
customized operations for backpressure, but users can collect the metrics
of the job and analysis, for example, the metrics in [1] and [3]. I hope
this can help you.

[1]
https://flink.apache.org/2021/07/07/how-to-identify-the-source-of-backpressure/#:~:text=Backpressure%20is%20an%20indicator%20that,the%20queues%20before%20being%20processed
.