Hello,

I see that, in Flink 1.17.1, watermark alignment will be supported (as
beta) within a single source's splits and across different sources. I don't
see this explicitly mentioned in the documentation, but I assume that the
concept of "maximal drift" used for alignment also takes idleness into
account, resuming any readers that were paused due to an idle split or
source. Is my understanding correct?

Also, something that isn't 100% clear to me when comparing to the previous
watermark alignment documentation, even if I only wanted alignment within a
single source's splits, I still need to call withWatermarkAlignment in the
watermark strategy, right? Otherwise alignment will not take place,
regardless of pipeline.watermark-alignment.allow-unaligned-source-splits.

Regards,
Alexis.