Hi Pritam,

Slots in TM focus more on logical management for cores, this means that TM
could not assign physical cores to each slot. RM will manage the core usage
of each TM, such as TM1 using 2 cores and TM2 using 3 cores. According to
the resource usage required by the task (also logical and estimated), RM
allocates slots from TM for the task. During the execution phase, whether
the slot really uses so many cores, or not, or exceeds the allocated
quantity, TM will not control it.

Currently, `Fine-Grained Resource Managemeng` should be the default
resource management on the main branch of Flink, you can refer to doc[1]
for more information.

Returning to your question, if you find a bottleneck in the TM CPU usage of
the job, you can try increasing the number of TM cores, which will improve
job performance.

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/finegrained_resource/

Best,